Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area, Kaitlyn Gardner is a graduate from the University of South Florida with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications concentrated in Public Relations and a minor in Public Administration. Prior to joining RSA, Gardner worked in the retail department for the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie Arena. She developed interpersonal and management skills as well as valuable connections that landed her an internship with RSA in May 2016; subsequently, accepting a position as a part-time associate with the firm.
During her time with RSA, Gardner has canvassed the Tampa Bay area for several successful grassroots campaigns and interned with the Pepin Academies Foundation to implement public relations and development strategies. To further expand her interest in public policy, Gardner was also presented the opportunity to work with RSA in Tallahassee through the USF Tallahassee Internship Program for the 2017 Florida Legislative Session. This experience allowed her to gain in-depth knowledge about the legislative process and policy-making.
Gardner joined RSA full-time in May 2018 upon graduation, and has engaged on specific issues and areas relating to individuals with disabilities, education, human trafficking and the nonprofit industry.
• Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists, Member
• United Way Suncoast's Young Leaders Society, Steering Committee, Member
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay, Big Sister & Mentor
• USF National Society of Leadership and Success, Past Member
• Miracles Outreach Community Development Center, Gala/Fashion Show Committee, Past Member
• Pepin Academies Gala & Silent Auction Committee, Past Member
• Best Buddies, Past Member
• Special Olympics, Past Tennis & Bocce Participant
• USF-Nielsen Sunshine State Survey – 2016
Honors and Awards
Florida's 'Most Social' Award on behalf of RSA, Influence Magazine Spring 2018 Edition